Your investment options

30/09/2015
 Provided by Mercer.
The New Zealand Defence Force saving schemes offer seven different investment options – each with a specific investment objective and focus. You can choose to invest all of your savings in one option, or split your savings between different options.

Each investment option is exposed to a range of investments such as Cash, Fixed interest, Property and Shares. These are known as asset classes and they are made up of either Growth investments, Defensive investments, or a mixture of both.

The seven investment options are:

Shares

Considered a ‘very high risk’ option with 100% of your savings invested in New Zealand and overseas shares.

High Growth

Considered a ‘high risk’ option with about 90% of your savings invested in growth assets such as shares, property and infrastructure. The remaining 10% is invested in defensive assets like fixed interest and cash.

Growth

Considered a ‘medium to high risk’ option with about 75% of your savings invested in growth assets such as shares, property and infrastructure. The remaining 25% is invested in defensive assets like fixed interest and cash.

Balanced

Considered a ‘medium risk’ option with about 55% of your savings invested in growth assets such as shares, property and infrastructure. The remaining 45% is invested in defensive assets like fixed interest and cash.

Moderate

Considered a ‘low to medium risk’ option with about 65% of your savings invested in defensive assets like fixed interest and cash. The remaining 35% is invested in growth assets such as shares, property and infrastructure.

Conservative

Considered a ‘low risk’ option with about 80% of your savings invested in defensive assets like fixed interest and cash. The remaining 20% is invested in growth assets such as shares, property and infrastructure.

Cash

Considered a 'very low risk' option. The risk of losing money is minimal, but the expected returns are similar to that of a savings account. This option is suitable if you need access to funds in the short term and preserving your capital is the most important factor.

You can read more about each option in the product disclosure statement, member booklet or sign in to your account.

Changing your investment options

Over time your investment needs are likely to change. You can change your investment options whenever you like, at no additional cost.
 
  This information has been prepared by Mercer (N.Z.) Limited for general information only. The information does not take into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs. Therefore, you should not act on this information if you have not considered the appropriateness of this information to your personal objectives, financial situation and needs. You should consult a financial adviser before making any investment decision.
 

This website is provided by Mercer (N.Z) Limited, as the Manager of the New Zealand Defence Force KiwiSaver Scheme, the New Zealand Defence Force FlexiSaver Scheme and the Defence Force Superannuation Scheme (the Schemes).